A Typical Day in the Nursery
So what does a typical day look like?
That’s a difficult one to answer, as it will be different for each child! However, it’s likely that it might be a bit like this:-
- Arrival at nursery, find peg and hang coat up;
- Go to say hello to Key Worker, and “write” your name on the self-registration sheet;
- Make a decision about what you want to do first. Could be painting, playing in the sand, dressing up, spending time at the computer, working with your favourite adult, reading a story, riding a bike, running
- up and down the hill, getting wet with the water things…
- Stop for a bite to eat in the snack area after washing hands;
- Go to the toilet! Wash hands again;
- Go and do something different, or return to what I was doing before;
- Tidy up
- Join my Key Worker group for Key Worker time;
- Get ready to go home, or stay for lunch or after-school club!