A Typical Day in the Nursery School
So what does a typical day look like?
That’s a difficult one to answer, as it will be different for each child! However, it’s likely that it might be a bit like this:-
- Arrival at nursery, find peg and hang coat up;
- Find your name card and “write” your name on the self-registration sheet;
- Make a decision about where you want to work;
- Listen for the music that means its group time;
- Go to your colour group to say hello and continue your group learning with the adults working with you;
- Make a decision about where you want to work, will it be inside or outside?;
- Stop for a bite to eat in the snack area after washing hands;
- Go to the toilet! Wash hands again;
- Choose to work somewhere else, or return to what you were doing before;
- Tidy up
- Join the rest of the school for a story and rhyme time;
- Get ready to go home, or stay for lunch or after-school club!